Upgrade from SX
It's possible to update all old firewall models (SX) from Halon Security to the new security router platform. We strongly recommend this; it will breath new life into your old firewalls!
How to upgrade
- Export the configuration and take screenshots of the old firewall, especially the Firewall > Policies page
- Populate the CompactFlash card with the halon-vsr-serial-i386-XXX.img.gz from http://dl2.halon.se/vsr/ according to the writing system images guide
- Remove the old CompactFlash card
- SX-60 and SX-150: one screw at the bottom (1 minute)
- SX-101: 4 screws at the back (2 minutes)
- SX-200, SX-250: a couple of crews (3 minutes)
- SX-50: 26 screws (30 minutes)
- Insert the new CompactFlash card
- Power up the firewall
- Configure your computer to use DHCP
- Connect your computer to the firewall's second Ethernet (called "2" or "LAN") port using a patch cable
- Steer your browser of choice to https://192.168.1.1
- Sign in with username and password admin
What about the configuration?
You can purchase consulting from us; creating a new configuration from your old SX configuration. It costs 1500 SEK per hour of work needed, it usually takes one or two hours.